Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WEEK 37: 22 miles and Pisgah Mtn Trail Race

Monday
Spin (not a good class, ZZzzzzz, had to do my own thing), core, a tiny bit of upper strength...

Tuesday
off

Wednesday
4  mile railtrail

Thursday
Spin - pretty good class. Was too anxious about figuring out if I smelled like skunk and how to rid Gregs house of it to go running! Even my watch stinks!

Friday
4 miles KSC Railtrail, just didn't feel like running! Bad timing for indifference! Returned the Pegasus- just cannot wear a neutral shoe. Medial post me! Wore old Triax today and feet feel better already.

Saturday
pre-race dinner at Glenn and Gina's

Sunday
PISGAH MTN 23K

WEEK SUMMARY
Lower mileage than planned, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Trying to switch to a neutral shoe was really uncomfortable and I am still paying for it.  Can't wait to get my medial posts back!  Of course the focus was Pisgah and by the end of the week I suddenly felt unprepared and very nervous.  But I knew I had a lot of friends running and it was going to be a fun day no matter what.

This week, recover as fast as possible and get a plan together for Baystate in 4 weeks.  Lots of speedwork and back to some more spin classes.  Gotta drop a few pounds I think.  Feel strong though and could have a good race if all goes well.  It's a process....and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment