Sunday, October 3, 2010

WEEK 39:18 miles

Monday
circuit madness + 3 miles; whoa fitness is way down or just tired from the hike yesterday. Going to pretend its the latter for now. Still dealing with ITband, feet feel ok.

Tuesday
6miles TM (speed/hill play) + a little sore, kind of a struggle with LBP, but ITBand didn't hurt- probably because I didn't run long enough.

Wednesday
Thursday

TM 3miles...this week sucks.

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Pisgah run with Griffin; 6 miles

WEEK SUMMARY
Not much to summarize!  A migraine hit midweek and didn't release it's grips until saturday.  Then I spent Saturday in what I call a "migraine hangover", where I spend the day in a daze, hoping it's really gone, and scared it's going to come back, so not much getting done that day either.  Sunday I had planned a long run, but really just got out into the crisp fall morning in beautiful Pisgah with my favorite wolf and ran around a bit.  It just felt great not to have a headache, puts things into perspective and makes me appreciate being able to run as much as I do.  I had forgotten about my It Band, but unfortunately was reminded about 3 miles into the run.  Oh well, at least now I feel like I have the energy to get after that and take care of it. 

I feel like I have made all the gains I am going to make this year.   Got 12 minutes off my half marathon and my 5k under 8 min/mile pace so I am happy.  Can't seem to get into a groove this fall so I am going to just go with it and enjoy the beautiful fall running.  Greg and I have some cool trail races planned and the goal for me at Baystate is sub 1:50.  I will start my work for next season, mainly dropping some pounds and finding sneakers I love (trail and road).  It's a process and I love it....

No comments:

Post a Comment