Thursday, January 28, 2010

Unplanned Day Off

I like plans and organization...so today was a lesson in planning- replanning and not losing my mind in the process.  So when i woke up this was the plan....

doctor appt with an athlete to schedule ACL surgery 8am
get back home (dropping water for my run on the way) and out the door for 13 miles by 10am
make lunch, pack dinner, off to work by 1:30. PERFECT DAY.

OK after watching a fox play with some kind of rodent in the field while drinking my morning coffee, I'm off to the hospital.  Welp doctor appt took longer because I ended up chatting it up with a couple of the docs I hadn't seen in awhile (who knew I was a chatter??) and visited Tate too....so plan became start run late, quicker lunch and frozen dinner to pack for work....Eh not so bad- still get to run.

So driving home - behind the SLOWEST people in the area because there were a few flakes of snow in the air that had turned into a squall (somehow people here can't drive in snow, its weird) -the plan went anxiously from run 10 miles to 8  miles to a 7 mile run up to Pisgah park along the rail trail....Eh not so bad but will have to add miles somewhere else.....I'll live

Got it...out the door, still snowing but 25 degrees so comfortable...I'm feeling a little rugged.  Welp, 1/2 mile turn left onto rail trail....WHOOSH!  ICE!  I'm sure the whole trail isn't like that but since the snow is now covering the ground I can't see the trail well enough to tell....onto the roads....REALLY don't like my ACG structure triax on the roads, but oh well I'm sure it's all in my head....Route also because a 4 mile run since the road kinda ends....Oh well, I can handle that...although I'm getting anxious....

1mile.....GIRL CRAMPS, anterior knees hurt from all the hills last week still and my lower legs hurt because these sneaks really do suck on the road, maybe its not in my head.  Hmmmmm, Walk for a few seconds, cramps get under control, pains subside (they usually do), ONWARD......20 yards....Cramps are back, knees really ache, never wearing these shoes again.....turn around today is a BUST....

So I kinda started feeling better by the time I got close to the house but by then I was resigned to a day off. 
At least I can make a good lunch and pack a good dinner for work....oh well....I'd move the long run to sunday but I have plans with a friend (KAREN G) to run a 10k in Fitchburg; was going to ride the trainer in morning but since I don't need a recovery ride I guess i'll let Ramona kick my ass in spin class and maybe run 3 on the treadmill afterward before work.....Ice knees tonight.....

Run and Learn,

Pasta's done.....

No comments:

Post a Comment