Monday, February 21, 2011

WEEK 7: 26 miles

The week started off ok. 

Ran 3 miles monday to and from getting an oil change for my car while I cleaned my old apartment. 

Tuesday I ran on the TM and did some hill/speed play (6 miles).  I was feeling heavy at first but once I start playing with the speed I generally feel better and I did end up having a good workkout. 

Wednesday I took off- had some running around to do for work. 

Thursday another 6 on the TM. 

Friday, finally some circuit madness and logged 7 miles.  Did a couple strength circuits and for the last running bit included 9 times 8 minute pace for 1 minute with 45 sec rest.  Felt real good and was looking forward to a recovery Spin class Saturday and long run Sunday. 

Welp that was the end of the good stuff.  Saturday's spin class was a bust.  I rode but the instructor wasn't good- at least this time- and I couldn't get into it.  I was feeling pretty sore.  The rest of the day was spent on a bus with Men's lacross and standing out in the frigid wind watching 2 games.  Brrr.  My body was sore from Friday's workout, but standing out in the cold like that definitely made it worse. 

Sunday I got up still sore and although got out the door, my run was lethargic and energy level was extremely low.  I logged 4 miles- lots of walking. sick?

Pretty disappointing week.  A long run would have given me a little confidence for this Sunday's DH Jones race.  I've already had nightmares about stopping after 1/2 mile into the race and ending up at some random house!   Today I did wake up with more of a head cold than I like to admit to.  I feel like garbage and won't log any miles today and probably not tomorrow.  ugh Sunday is going to be a battle.  It's a process, and I love it when I am healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    Don't worry about getting sick. You'll recover and do just fine at DH Jones.

    Thanks for coming to the game!

    ReplyDelete