Monday, February 28, 2011

WEEK 8: zero

I was sick all week.  Felt it coming on last Sunday when I could barely do 4 miles even if mostly walking.  Still had to go to work which didn't help matters- especially when work involves standing out in the freezing cold watching lacrosse.  A snow day friday got me some much needed rest and I started to turn the corner Sunday (not enough to race DH Jones however).  Instead I took my favorite wolf into Friedsam Town Forest to snowshoe the 5-mile loop.  We were breaking trail the whole time with all the new snow, it was really beautiful.  Pretty much took me as long as the 10-mile race would have taken.  Oh well, it just felt good to be active again without immediately running out of energy.  Griffin had fun too! 

So I have to scramble a bit to feel like I am going to be ready for New Bedford.  I think I will have a back-up half marathon in the spring lined up.  Other than that lots of short races too.  It's going to be a busy spring!  It's a process and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment