Monday, March 21, 2011

WEEK 11: 29 miles and New Bedford HM

Monday: off

Tuesday: 4 miles TM- snappy; followed by a short superset circuit I got out of a magazine.  Good little circuit.  Log 4.

Wednesday:  Wet, slushy run out Old Westport Road while I waited for my car inspection in Winchester.  Felt pretty good- a little sore from that circuit.  1:04. Log 7 miles.

Thursday: Off

Friday:  off, got a massage. Have to treat myself to that more often!

Saturday: Drove to MA to see Hailey's play with Greg.  Ran 3 miles and stretched/dynamics, ate way too  much.

Sunday:   New Bedford Half Marathon.  Well, I did know that I didn't have nearly the training I had last year going into this race this year.  I could see it in my log and feel it overall.  But I like this race and the weather was great so I tried to think I would surprise myself.  Well, I surprised myself, but not in a good way.  I started way back, but worked myself up to mile 1 in 7:37 and felt pretty good- even had visions of holding this until after the big hill at 4 miles and then speeding up! (foolish).  By mile 5 I was gaining confidence that I could pull this off as I was still below 8 minute pace at that point.  And then, how you say? "the wheels came off".  Boy that's a miserable feeling.  I thought that could only happen to people who ran fast!  Bascially I raced 5 miles and then had an 8 mile miserable cooldown.  Finished in 1:51:42/8:32 pace. Six minutes slower than last year. ouch.  and yes, the pace at which i ran 11 miles last sunday. dumbass.

Well, it was the kick in the butt I needed.  This week I go back to 5am spin/plyopower classes and 2 hour circuit madness workouts!  That race SHUCKED!  Greg had an awesome race though (1:10:26- 18th Male Overall) and we got home early enough to enjoy some lazy sunday evening time.

oh yah, I almost forgot...it's a process and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment