Monday, May 9, 2011

WEEK 18: 30 miles...all trail

Greg was away all week with a school trip, so it was up to me to make sure Griffin stayed active and trim.  Also, running might make her less depressed and anxious with Greg gone (and me too!).  So we ran a lot of trails in Pisgah all week- even in the rain.  It was awesome.  Friday and Saturday I had work stuff going on so I couldn't run but I made up for it Sunday.  Greg went to a race and Grif and I spent 2 hours in Pisgah.  We did the South Woods loop and then Mini-vistas loop.  It was a beautiful day.  I have been having nightmares about bears so Griffin was a sport and wore a bell for me.  She thought it was foolish but it made me feel a little better.  In any case, we got 30 miles in there this week and aside from occasionally being freaked out about bears (and any other scary creatures I can conjure up in my head) I think I'll get a lot of miles in there this summer.  I took some pictures in there too- they will be posted on the Pisgah website when I have time to get to it. Still gotta get the motivation back to do all the core and strength I was doing last year.  Other than that I'm just gonna RUN.  It's a process, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment