Monday, November 14, 2011

WEEK 45: 30 miles

Monday: KSC to Brettwood GC 10 miles- plantar fascia not good.  LOG 10
Tuesday: Pisgah SW loop; LOG 8
Wednesday: 2 mile TM, why not?
Thursday: Lift
Friday: 0 Travelled home
Saturday: Home on roads, LOG 5
Sunday: Keene Rail Trail; LOG 5

Not sure why the plantar fascia has decided to be a bother again.  Immediately put in the Sole inserts and I feel ok now, just longer runs it appears.  Luckily I don't do many of those any more!  Tuesday in Pisgah I saw my first set of bear tracks....holy crap!  I had no idea they were that big!  Not something I want to think about.  And at the time I was on my own.  By the time I got to teh end of South Woods Griffin came roaring up behind me- she was hauling ass!  Greg says she left them almost at the start of that trail when she got my scent so it's funny to think of her running so fast through the forest on her own like that!  So cute and brave and strong!  She caught me and after a quick greet immeidately went by to teh water stop up ahead and soaked in the pond.  The rest of the week was a blur.  Sunday was a planned long run so I'd be well over 30 miles and maybe even 50.  But after eating a good breakfast I puttered and organized in teh house too long and started bonking....subtle because I tried to go running and couldn't figure out why I didn't feel like running.  Then got home, luckily ate a yogurt so I could figure out how to turn on the shower, but it wasn't enough to get me to the store and make chili.  It was a bad bonk.  Didn't feel better until I had some of Ferenc's garlic hummus and ate over at the Fyffe's.  Whew.  That was brutal, a whole day pretty much wasted.  Oh well. 

The lifting class on Tuesday/Thursday has been paying off.  I feel stronger.  Not sure it's helping my fitness at this point but eventually it will all come together.  Lil Rhody....I have no idea.  It's a process...and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment