Sunday, August 19, 2012

WEEK 32 and 33

I've made a decision not to run Cape Cod this fall.  Just too busy with work and it was already making me a stressed anxious you know what.  So I'm just going to try to be fit and get diesel this fall- like I was supposed to this past summer!  I won't worry about mileage too much- just try to keep it over 30 and if I get close to 40 great!  I will focus on the Pisgah 23K- I didn't get to run it last year because I was sick.  And I'd like to run a faster time than last year at Lil Rhody too.  So I have goals- just not as lofty as I had planned.  I still can't wait to do another marathon and I'll plan on Vermont City and perhaps Demar some year soon.  
   
I did a semi-long run Tuesday (15) on the roads (well, 10 on the rail trail) and it went ok.  During my marathon training I was sure to take 2 days rest (active rest) after a run of 15 miles or more.  I didn't do that this week and ran 5 Wednesday and then did a track workout Thursday.  I've had fun with the track workouts (after the fact) and I think they helped me with the Yankee Candle 5K- not a PR but better than last year and better than I expected.  Went in pretty tired and didn't have any kick at the end and I think that was because of my lack of rest after Tuesday's run.  I paid for it that weekend.  I got pretty unmotivated when work started- I get anxious about getting stuff done so running takes a back seat.  But I went to a great cycle class Thursday night and am motivated again.  It will fluctuate as the semester and workload shifts..life happens!

My foot has also been fluctuating in it's healing.  Right now it seems pretty good.  Strange thing is that it's better now that I have minimalist shoes for walking around.  I was finding that my feet just ached in my structure triax and the addition of inserts was torture.  So I'd wear my five-fingers (won them at a seminar) and my foot would relax and feel better.  I was sore after my run in Pisgah today (2+ hours) and now that I've been wearing my new New Balance minimalist sneakers around my foot again feels better.  I am also trying to make sure to massage at night.  I will need to get some new road shoes I think too.  The lighter ones are just more comfortable now.  

I ran in Pisgah Friday morning with Griffin.  We did Vistas and it was awesome. No deer flys!  Pictures are on the Pisgah Blog.  The rest of the weekend is up in the air as I am about to face the onslaught of preseason athletics at Keene State.  I'll try to keep my "running ahead" run log up to date even if I don't post much here.  It's a process and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment