Sunday, May 16, 2010

WEEK 19: 38 miles and Pisgah long run...

Previous week: 20 miles
Monday: plyopower; legs still tired? Need to get some motivation!
Tuesday: 10 mile all roads; not quite a tempo run but a negative split (50/45 min);felt good for a chilly morning! Had to stop to pet the cows and tell them how cute they are...can't help it
Wednesday: circuit madness plus 4 miles TM; increase .5 every quarter mile starting at 6.0 to 7.5 and back down....good workout.
Thursday: Track workout: I was planning a pyramid to 1600 but I just didnt have it in me to do it well, one of these weeks I'll figure it out. But this was a good workout none-the-less. (Active recovery of equal distance.)
400- 1:43
400- 1:47
800- 3:41
800- 3:52
400- 1:58 really windy!
400- 1:43
Cool down on the MRHS XC course. 6 miles in all.
Friday: off
Saturday: long run in Pisgah with Ramona...13 miles/2:40; challenging loop- real good workout; saw a porcupine and there were lots of trees down to climb over; it was a beautiful morning!!!
Sunday: 5 easy railtrail
This week: 38 miles

Pretty good week.  Wanted to get to 40 miles, but I just wasn't feeling good sunday morning.  The shorter run did make me feel better though- then slept the rest of the afternoon! The Pisgah run was fun and I am geting more comfortable with being in there.  This week I want to get that elusive good track workout in and prepare for the Northfield trail race.  It isn't a long race (10K) so I won't rest much and will still try to plan some miles on Sunday.  Supposed to be HOT HOT HOT!  Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment