Monday, June 27, 2011

WEEK 25: 28 miles and sick

Monday: Kilburn with Greg, Fyffe, Griffin and Bailey- they all went in the other direction and then looped around to get me for a swim.  8 miles.

Tuesday: Short strength workout at the gym

Wednesday: sick

Thursday: 4 miles treadmill, but wasn't into it so jumped in a spin class.  Good sweat!  LOG 4

Friday: Early spin class, a bit under hte weather still.

Saturday:  Long run (2 hr 40 minutes) with Mariah over on drummer hill to surry and whereever else she took me.  Really nice loop, kind of a rainy morning.  Lungs/sinuses were still cloggy so it was a bit slower than usual.  We got to the point where we could either add two miles by turing down Gunn Road or shorten the run by 2 miles by going up Gunn Road- luckily we both were tired fromt eh recent climbing and adding a couple miles sounded better than going uphill at that moment!  Good choice- the drummer hill labrynth is fun.  LOG 16 miles.

Sunday: Long day of lethargy and despair as Greg was sick. Homemade chicken noodle soup (from Saturday)and  lots of Seinfeld and Muppetts take Manhattan!  Kinda fun. 

The weather sucked.  Being sick sucked.  Greg being sick sucks.  But the run on Saturday really helped run the sickness out of me and gave me a little confidence that I can still do long runs.  Mariah kicks my butt but it's worth it.  She drops me on the uphill and I'd catch back up on the level or downhill.  It could have made me sicker, but didn't!  Running does heal! Now I'm a little worried about the Four on the 4th!  I haven't run fast in awhile (ok, never, but you know what I mean- it's all relative!). It's a process, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment